Integrity – Experience – Leadership
Written by: Mark Millar
I moved to Gunter in 1966 as a high school freshman, graduated from Gunter ISD in 1970 and University of North Texas in 1977 with a BBA in Accounting and Economics. I have been a private sector financial manager for the majority of my working life. Beverly and I were fortunate enough to raise 2 fine children in the Gunter ISD. They both graduated college, are currently married, and living in the Dallas area.
I am running to serve the citizens of Gunter as your mayor. I have been involved with the City for over 30 years in several capacities including an employee, volunteer fire fighter, City Councilman, and Mayor. This includes over 10 years as a City Councilman and 4 terms as Mayor. Several people asked me to run to replace Mayor Skeen who is retiring. After six years off, I am rested and ready for the challenge.
There are several immediate problems facing the City including:
- Repairing and re-working some of our streets.
- Improving the waste water treatment plant that serves the Bridges.
- Building a new waste water treatment plant for the City (the City is currently under orders from the State to replace our aging wastewater treatment plant that serves all the City except the Bridges).
- Developing next year’s operating budget.
- If the City Manager referendum passes, we will need to begin developing the ordinances required to put a City Manager in place.
An effective mayor must have the ability to work with the Council to solve these and other problems, develop goals, and form a comprehensive plan for the future. I look forward to working with the City Council and all the commissions to tackle these and other issues and steer the City on a path of good steady managed growth.
I thank you and ask for your vote.
Pol. Adv. Paid for by Mark Millar
Expose your business to thousands each month