May 16-21, 2016 are the dates we “ALL” need to know. These are the dates we need to block off our calendars.
If you are a coach, event organizer, marketer, promoter, or town street-sweeper, please keep these dates free so the citizens at Gunter, Texas can come together and make history!
The Gunter Parks Foundation needs a BIG FAVOR. Please do not wait till the last minute to help out. They “REALLY” need head-counts and firm commitments in order to schedule the build. There is work for EVERYONE with EVERY skill level. That means YOU! 🙂
Jump on-board and be a part of this historic change!! It will be a fun-filled, rewarding adventure for the citizens of Gunter.
Please take a few minutes and sign up TODAY online!
Project Over View:
- Monday: May 16, 2 pm- 5 pm. Un-crating factory shipments, make saw tables, some carpentry.
- Tuesday: May 17, 8 am- 9 pm, Shovel rocks, dig holes, carrying equipment, screw items together.
- Wednesday: May 18, 8 am- 9 pm, Set up swings, dig more holes, clear out holes, prep site for ground cover, smooth ground, build and assemble equipment, also Contractor Day.
- Thursday, May 19, 8 am- 9 pm, Contractor Day, Concrete day, build and assemble equipment, wheel barrow concrete, rock filling with shovels and wheelbarrows, mulch.
- Friday, May 20, 8 am- 9 pm, Need lots more volunteers, build, rock filling with shovels and wheelbarrows, mulch, paint.
- Saturday, May 21. 8 am- 9 pm, Need lots of volunteers, shovel and wheelbarrow mulch, paint, clean up.
Location: Preston Road, Hwy 289, in the city park across from Gunter Elementary on 200 Elm St, Gunter, TX.
The Gunter Park Foundation Playground Project is a custom‐designed children’s playground. This is a grassroots effort with community members joining hands to provide a state‐of‐the‐art playground not only for the children of Gunter, but for children throughout the area.
Here’s one way you can help!
Please join us as we team up to build the playground. Volunteers do not have to be skilled, trained or have any special tools; they just have to show up enthusiastic, energetic, willing to help and ready to have fun, fun, fun! If you are a skilled builder (anyone comfortable cutting a straight line with a circular saw), we welcome your expertise and assure you we can find a special task to utilize your skills. We have tools provided on site.
Do you enjoy working with people and interested in playing a key role in the playground construction? We have skilled Construction Managers looking for Volunteers, skilled Culinary Manger looking for Volunteers, and Teacher’s looking for Art/Painting Volunteers, and babysitters.
Playground construction will run Monday, May 16th through Saturday, May 21st. Each day will consist of three shifts:
- Morning: 8:00am ‐ 12:00pm
- Afternoon: 12:30pm ‐ 5:00pm
- Evening: 5:30pm‐close (between 8 pm and 9 pm)
Volunteers are encouraged to work as many shifts/days as possible.
Childcare is available for children age 9 and under. Children age 10‐13 may work on site with an adult, however, they must be within arms‐reach of the adult at all times. Children age 14‐17 may work independently but may not use power tools. Since we believe well fed volunteers are happy volunteers, snacks and meals will be provided to volunteers.
Join us as an individual or come with an entire team. We encourage and welcome large groups of volunteers. For more information and to sign‐up to volunteer, please visit us at
www.gunterparksfoundation.com. Thank you for joining us in supporting this wonderful community event.
Expose your business to thousands each month